WHY I DON'T HAVE A PUBLIC SPOTIFY ACCOUNT
This is a safe space this is a safe space this is a safe space
- •That time I drove to Page, AZ while playing "The Heart Wants What It Wants" by Selena Gomez manually on repeat (for 1.5 hours) (and another 1.5 hours on the way back).Every time I hit the "back" button, I told myself it was the last time. It wasn't.
- •People would be able to see how infrequently I use my playlists called "Cardio" and "Gym" and "Running."Aka never.
- •Sometimes I get really desperate and listen to 20 different cover versions of Taylor Swift songs.Not proud.
- •My proclivity for playing "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri before and after meeting up with my ex-boyfriend.And "Sort Of" by Ingrid Michaelson. And "Stronger" by Britney. And "Chicago" by Sufjan. It's very cliche and I'm embarrassed.
- •I made a video based on the Hunger Games and listened to the same 2 pieces of score from the film about a thousand times to test the timing.It would have both ruined the surprise of the video and made me look like a total crazy person.
- •When I have to play a "Serenity" playlist at 3AM because I'm still awake and have to be up in 2 hours.Insomnia can feel shameful after a certain point.
- •The beautiful day I drove around blasting 10,000 Maniacs non-stop.Dunno why I want this to be a secret but MIND YOUR OWN BEESWAX.
- •There are days when the only way I'm going to get any chores done is by listening to a special combo of Mulan, Pomp & Circumstance, and Stars and Stripes Forever.I find it extremely motivating but recognize that it might be strange to others.
- •My fondness for the playlists named "Teen Pop" and "Teen Party!"Exclamation point included.
- •Because it's creepy that people can know what I'm listening to all the time anyway.This is probably the #1 reason, if I'm being real. I don't really have a ton of shame.