Things I learned from tonight's experience with a bat in my house
- 1."96% sure the bat is gone" means 4% chance you have a new roommateMatt the bat man, don't buy lottery tickets anytime soon
- 2.Just opening a door isn't enough sometimes
- 3.Ditto for a window.Also unhelpful if you JUST reinforces that window by jamming paper into the small opening to prevent bat entrances
- 4.When you do see a bat... You'll know it.This applies to the moment at 1 AM yesterday when I met said bat and also to the moment where I looked over Katie's shoulder at the kitchen wall and basically screamed.
- 5.Keep your landlords closeEmotionally if not also geographically. Ours came out at 11:00 to pull this thing off the wall and wrap it in a towel. So awesome. Now I can sleep easy again!