Hot Springs in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
Deep in the belly of the California mountains there are natural hot springs. Lots of them. 🌲🐿⛰
- •Little EdenOnce you're in, you get dramatic views of two snowy peaks.
- •The Reeds
- •Old PedroThe hottest of all the springs. It will make you sweat and your heart rate will go up. And while you soak you can stare at the gushing river and wonder why Southern CA is about to spontaneously combust from drought.
- •The Reeds againNot warm enough for my liking.
- •Iodine SpringsMy kids deemed this one "just right" not too hot, not too cold.
- •The cold dipping poolIn the river adjacent to Iodine Springs.
- •Mud Bath Springs
- •An outhouse surrounded by ferns.Even something as nasty at an outhouse looks downright magical out here.
- •Green meadowsWhat you walk through to get to the springs
- •Where to find this paradise.