A Selection From Application Essays: Vol 2
It never ends.
- 1.Being a band member, I'm often disappointed when people don't understand my music jokes. What do you get when you drop a piano on a kid? A flat minor! No?
- 2.Nothing is more empowering than seeing the stunned reactions of people's faces when you come up to the mic and kill a beat on the spot.
- 3.Fifth Grade is when the hormones really start to kick in.
- 4.[SHE SPEAKS IN ALL CAPS SOMETIMES]This was from a letter of recommendation
- 5.Then I fell in love with one of them. While under other circumstances that could have been the cute inciting incident to a real life romantic comedy, for me it was an emotional death sentence.Student had just come out. And then fell for his best friend. I gasped out loud.
- 6.Most people don't consider picking girls up to be an extracurricular activity, but as a male cheerleader I believe that is an area where I excel.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
- 7.I have also won many a hula-hooping contest.Presented without any additional context. Just this sentence.
- 8.I can still remember typing "internships for ten year olds" into the Google search box.Stop. Go outside.
- 9.Everyone in the family has his/her own preferences for texture, spice, and girthThey make sausages