Code Names That Have Been Used to Refer to My Gentlemen Friends
All developed with affection and respect. @sally, @lakatz and I take this stuff seriously. Not all guys get to the 'refer by real name' stage.
- 1.Chola (2003)High school boyfriend I had no business dating. We had nothing in common. He had interesting facial hair. Once I found a brass knuckles and an air gun in his glove compartment. My parents were not fans.
- 2.Broken VCR (2004)
- 3.Asshole Island (200...?)This nickname developed into an island we verbally send assholes to.
- 4.Yeti (2007)I did not call him this but a few friends did. He was very tall and sometimes seen as intimidating. Also had facial hair.
- 5.The Marine (2010)Self explanatory
- 6.Sneakers (2012)He wore unfortunate ones but it was endearing
- 7.Bagel (2013)Met him on Coffee Meets Bagel. We were never serious so he was never referred to by a real name.
- 8.Mountain Man, MD (2013)Only a few dates but great alliteration. He was a surgeon and also did things like live in Alaska and visit Patagonia.
- 9.Nice Nate (2014)
- 10.New Bagel (2015)Now known as @yesthatdavid