Shows I Wasnt Allowed to Watch as a Kid
I missed out on a ton of cultural knowledge because we didn't watch a lot of TV in my house but these shows were actively banned
- 1.FriendsMy parents and I made a deal that we'd all watch an episode together to determine if I could watch. It was the episode where Rachel and the brunette fight over the one condom left. I was in 5 grade. I said goodbye to my dreams of ever watching that show under my parents' roof.
- 2.Sex and the CityI don't think we even got HBO but when I went to a friend's to watch the series finale I lied about the show we were watching.
- 3.Real WorldMy parents hated this show and my dad would make me watch until the end for the writer and story credits.
- 4.SVUI guess kind of obvious but as soon as the PLING PLING sound was heard my mother would stand in the doorway glaring at me until I changed the channel
- 5.Various music videosMy dad would come in, say "What IS this GARBAGE?", I'd be embarrassed by The Thong Song or other TRL classics and change the channel.