Things I Highlighted in Emily Gould's Book "and the Heart Says Whatever."
Big fan of Emily. She has a club and company, Emily Books, that will help you discover young and emerging female authors. Check it out!
- •“This feeling wasn’t fake, even though it turned out to be temporary.”Easily one of my top two favorite quotes ever.
- •“There’s this weird quality of being suspicious and cynical about everything and simultaneously, unwittingly, being utterly open and receptive and gullible that is part of youth, or at least was part of my youth.”
- •“I secretly disliked her but obviously we had some things in common, which did not make me like her more.”The definition of a female frenemy.
- •“You could make mistakes and grow up to consider them funny.”
- •“The past is not a place that you can visit. The present is destroying the past as every moment replaces the moment."