What to Do and Where to Eat In/around Morro Bay
This was my territory for some work trips and is my FAVORITE PLACE IN AMERICA. Hope this helps, @anneclark! I'll add if anything else comes to me.
- 1.Top Dog CoffeeCute local "chain" good for coffee and a snack
- 2.Dorn'sBrunch with a view. There will be a wait on weekends. They have mimosas.
- 3.Rent a kayakYou can rent them along the bay and paddle out to the rock and the sandbar.
- 4.Elephant sealsYou can see them along the 1 en route to Hearst. Ridiculous animals.
- 5.Novo (SLO)In downtown SLO. Sit outside along the river.
- 6.High St Deli (SLO)Sandwiches and beer. Write your order on paper and pay once they call your name.
- 7.The Galley@sally and I ate at the bar and made some fun friends. There's a camera on the kitchen. Definitely get a reservation. Go early to watch the sunset on the water.
- 8.Brown butter cookie companyGo hungry
- 9.Tognazzinis (morro bay)Seafood on the embarcadero. When I went there was a guy playing guitar.
- 10.DrinkPick a dive bar. It's all they have around there!
- 11.Salt water taffeyYUMMMM
- 12.Windows on the Water$.75 oyster Tuesday starts at 5pm! Also they have excellent homemade ice creamSuggested by @anneclark