What to Do and Where to Eat In/around Morro Bay
This was my territory for some work trips and is my FAVORITE PLACE IN AMERICA. Hope this helps, @anneclark! I'll add if anything else comes to me.
- •Top Dog CoffeeCute local "chain" good for coffee and a snack
- •Dorn'sBrunch with a view. There will be a wait on weekends. They have mimosas.
- •Rent a kayakYou can rent them along the bay and paddle out to the rock and the sandbar.
- •Elephant sealsYou can see them along the 1 en route to Hearst. Ridiculous animals.
- •Novo (SLO)In downtown SLO. Sit outside along the river.
- •High St Deli (SLO)Sandwiches and beer. Write your order on paper and pay once they call your name.
- •The Galley@sally and I ate at the bar and made some fun friends. There's a camera on the kitchen. Definitely get a reservation. Go early to watch the sunset on the water.
- •Brown butter cookie companyGo hungry
- •Tognazzinis (morro bay)Seafood on the embarcadero. When I went there was a guy playing guitar.
- •DrinkPick a dive bar. It's all they have around there!
- •Salt water taffeyYUMMMM
- •Windows on the Water$.75 oyster Tuesday starts at 5pm! Also they have excellent homemade ice creamSuggested by @anneclark