ALL THE HALO GAMES I'VE PLAYED, RANKED BEST TO WORST
Still waiting to play Lynda
- •Halo:ReachThis is what a video game should be. Free from the Master Chief/Cortana drama, this game shows the sad, horrifying fall of Reach. Many games can portray war, bit this game just portrays the emotion, desperation and devastation that comes with the loss of one of humanities largest planets.
- •Halo 3They wrapped up the trilogy nicely and it showed the progressing alliance of Arbiter and the Chief without Cortana. I don't hate Cortana, but her and Chief and distract from all the other great characters and the storyline. Great story progression, level length, and secondary characters.
- •Halo 3: ODSTI love the ODSTs and the chance to get to play one was awesome! As a Spartan, you are nearly unstoppable, but this game showed how a non-power armored squad had to fight the Covenant. Not to mention the voice cast, Nathan Fillion, Tricia Helfer, Alan Tudyk and Adam Balwin. It's like Battlestar, Firefly and Halo all collided.
- •Halo 2 (Anniversary)Criticized by many for a whole range of this, it was a great game for the fact it got gutted halfway through. Getting to play as the Arbiter and see the Covenant perspective was an interesting and excellent move. Levels became kind of long, but less so than Halo CEA. Kevin Michael Richardson and Keith David are great voice actors and this certainly shows it. The anniversary edition looks lifelike and feels more full.
- •Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary)The game that started it all. The story line, characters and set pieces were ground breaking for 2002. The levels felt long at some points however and you always seem to be fighting in corridors. Again, the anniversary edition blew me away with how much they updated it from 2002.
- •Halo 4My favorite thing was Spartan Ops if that tells you anything. The story was once again a Cortana/Chief drama with Covenant and Forerunners sprinkled in. I liked the Didact (Duh, cause he's the voice of Harbinger) and the crew of the Infinity but Master Chief and Cortana are annoying at this point. Some levels felt like I was just blasting through Covenant or Prometheans for no reasons and could get too long.
- •(Unranked) Halo 5Looks cool but it looks like it has the same long level problem. Osiris team looks cool and Buck (Nathan Fillion) is back! Also Blue Team finally makes an entrance in the games after only being in the books.
- •(Unranked) Halo WarsReal time strategy is fun and the characters seem good.