I quit smoking just over a year ago. Hold your applause, it was actually pretty easy. I went to a hypnotist, it worked. This habit has been replaced with a few new hobbies and things to chew on.
- •Tea tree oil toothpicksI've probably swallowed more splinters than any human should, but I'm pretty sure that won't give me cancer- so I win!
- •Tootsie PopsI now order them online coz I prefer the chocolate and grape flavoured ones. However, I still buy cherry ones for guests coz I'm not a monster.
- •BargelloIt's a kind of needlepoint- think missoni.... It's fun and moves way faster than regular needlepoint because you cover four squares at a time instead of just one.
- •Bargello againCoz this one is pretty too and a different pattern
- •KnittingI made myself this teddy bear. It's cashmere and cuddly.
- •K2I made my sister one for Christmas- charlotte's was the first one I made. Ever. It took forever. Sewing the pieces together was the most daunting task, one I choose to never do again. (I let the "finisher" at the knitting shop finish the one I made for me, coz there was no time restraint) needless to say- I knitted her bear a scarf to cover the "neck". Connecting the head and body was no easy task.
- •NeedlepointThis took forever. I didn't have it ready for Christmas as planned. Also by the time I wasn't even nearly done I realized what I thought was sweet and thoughtful was pretty much bad fan art. I had my brother's album logo printed on mesh so I could make it a pillow. He loved it and I got a kick out of making him this card.
- •Pt 2The actual pillow.
- •Knitting some moreI made the mistake of thinking that I could quickly knit a tie as a fun gift. It took me around 2 months. Obviously I was doing other things in between- but dude- fuck. What a nightmare. And it was for Kives- who appreciated it about as much as my mother appreciated my childhood art projects. As each "ashtray" was met with "that's lovely, why don't you hold onto that for me."
- •Sock bearThis was a fun afternoon activity. I then knitted a cape for the little guy out of some left over cashmere yarn.
- •Transcendental MeditationI can not recommend this enough. Game changer.
- •Oh, did I mention that I'm single?I'm pretty sure this list would make that pretty clear.