REASONS WHY BEING A DJ IS A PERFECT JOB FOR ME
I never intended to make a career out of playing other people's music- but I'm so lucky to have the opportunity.
- •I am socially awkward. It is better for everyone if I don't try to make small talk.Last party I went to where I wasn't dj'ing was a housewarming party. The hostess asked me if I would like to take a tour. I said "that's ok, I get it." I didn't mean to be rude, I told her I'm sure it's lovely, but I'm comfortable on this couch, alone.
- •I'm a people pleaserI'm not happy if you're not happy. My job is to entertain you, not me. With that said.... Don't get carried away, I'll make the song selections here.
- •I'm great at multitaskingI can count beats and ignore you at the same time.
- •I don't know what else to do at clubsI really don't get it. I don't dance. I'm a white English Jew, it's just not what we do well.
- •I'm claustrophobic.The Dj booth is the best place to be at a party. A "safe haven" in all the chaos.
- •I'm a college dropout.
- •I'm socially awkward.Did I mention that?