BEST MOVIE THEATERS IN THE GREATER BOSTON AREA
I see roughly 7 movies a week so you could say I'm a bit of an expert.
- •Best dining in the immediate area: Showcase Deluxe Legacy Place, DedhamLegacy Place is the WORST for parking and kind of terrible to be at during this time of year. I would know, I used to live right behind it, which was awesome because I had a movie theater in walking distance. Surrounding this theater are Wicked Good Pizza, Yardhouse, Genki Ya, PF Changs, and so much more. It's the perfect area for dinner/movie dates. Plus, there's a JP Licks for after.
- •Best selection of films: Kendall Square Cinema, CambridgeThis is a Landmark theater, so it always gets indie movies and it always gets them very early on. I've been known to spend entire days there.
- •Most comfortable seats: Regal Galleria, TauntonThis is the town I grew up in, and let's get a thing straight. It's a pretty bad town, this is a pretty bad movie theater. They usually get the big box office hits and nothing beyond that, so I make it there rarely, BUT it was recently remodeled and now it has these huge leather seats that recline all the way back. It the most comfortable experience.
- •Best atmosphere: Dedham Community Theater, DedhamTiny theater that shows only 2 movies at a time, but always good ones. It's very old looking but quaint. I go there as much as I can.
- •Best nearby attractions: Regal Fenway, BostonWalking distance to Fenway Park and The Museum of Fine Arts. Plus, Yawkey is just a fun area. Lots of bars and nightlife.
- •Best for kids: IMAX at Jordan's Furniture, NatickI have the best memories of going here as a kid and seeing movies in insane 3D and being confused that it was in a furniture store. All the same, tons of fun.
- •Best if you want to feel fancy: Museum of Fine Arts, BostonThey show select art-house films and it's all very high society (well, for Boston.)
- •Best all around: AMC Loews Boston Common, BostonIt's right across the street from Boston Common and surrounded by shops and restaurants, making the location more than favorable. It also gets a wide selection of films, from blockbusters to indies, which lets it appeal to any moviegoer. Also, it's right by a green line stop, making it the perfect theater.