MOMENTS IN 'HAMILTON' THAT MAKE ME FEEL SOME TYPE OF WAY
- •When Angelica and Eliza are reunited in "Take a Break"This song is totally written in a way to get you excited that Angelica and Alexander are finally seeing each other again, but I want to talk about the beautiful relationship between the eldest Schuyler sisters. They love each other more than anything else in the world (and Angelica even says this several times.) I can't even imagine how much Angelica and Eliza missed each other when Angelica moved to London.
- •"Everyone give it up for America's favorite fighting Frenchman: Lafayette!"From Guns and Ships. I love Lafayette so much. He's one of my favorite characters. I love that he's also America's favorite.
- •Wait for it/The Room Where it HappenedThese songs are AMAZING. I know the musical is about Hamilton, but I could write a thesis about how good of a character Aaron Burr is. And Leslie Odom, Jr kills it.
- •All of the jabs at John AdamsSome subtle, some not. This is amplified by the fact that he's not even in the show.
- •Hamilton's rap at the end of Helpless"Long as I'm alive Eliza swear to god you'll never feel so helpless" it gets me EVERY TIME.
- •When Peggy turns into Maria ReynoldsDAMN. Say No to This is sultry and belty and everything you could ever want. You go, Jasmine.
- •One Last TimeI cannot convey how well Lin Miranda wrote Washington. This song is the most beautiful and thoughtful way to describe Washington stepping down as president. Every time he says "in this nation we made," I get chills.
- •The individual raps in Aaron Burr, SirThey were the first lyrics of Hamilton I learned and they are SO FUN. Especially Lafayette's part.
- •The Cabinet BattlesThis is the first thing I say when I tell people about this musical. THE CABINET BATTLES ARE RAP BATTLES. There could not be anything better.