PHRASES I SAY ON THE DAILY
Because I'm just a 20 year old girl with the vocabulary of a dad.
- •On the dailyWe're already having fun.
- •Am I right, fellas/ladies?
- •This is not my first rodeoI say this one to comfort the person doing a thing with me to make it seem as if I have done the thing before. The irony, if you choose to see it, is that I have almost never done the thing before if I'm saying this phrase.
- •It was nothing to write home about
- •In a hot secondSometimes the time parameters are different, such as a cool fifteen, a mild five, etc.
- •You're truth is not my truthI used to say this one in meaningful context. Now it's been demoted to when someone tells me they're not a fan of the new season of Portlandia or they don't like my chacos.
- •Solidarity, sister!I really shouldn't be allowed to say this one.
- •You mean like when someone plays too many scratchy lotteries?I've seen John Mulaney's "New in Town" about 17 times now and quote it more than one person should.
- •Right on