➕ OPEN LIST REQUEST: BEST PLACES TO DAY DRINK IN LA
New York has no shortage of beer gardens and rooftop bars and the like but what do we have out here? Anything?
- •It won't let me post this without writing something here but I got nothing! That's why I'm making this!
- •My apartment.Suggested by @Z
- •Hotel patios/poolsTower Bar at Sunset Tower, garden at the Chateau Marmont, poolside at Beverly Hills Hotel, or any of the spots on Sunset (Skybar, etc) if you want some douchey people-watching.Suggested by @mandi
- •MarixMy go-to - TexMex in WeHo. Cheap margaritas, stellar nachos, kind of a dump but it's my dump and I love it.Suggested by @mandi
- •Golden RoadOpen, outdoor section and patio. Good food too.Suggested by @wes
- •Cliff's Edge in silver lake.Nice hidden outdoor patio. Kind of fancy so the drinks are complicated and not cheap
- •El chavito in silver lakeThis is @JEFF's favorite spot to take out of towners. Cheap margaritas and quesadillas and a charmingly basic outdoor patio.
- •The Raymond in pasadenaThis is fancy like where you would take your mom for a Mother's Day brunch. But the cocktails are really good and you can sit in a wisteria covered patio in the back of a beautiful craftsman house.
- •The ace hotel downtownDon't ever go on a weekend because you'll want to kill yourself. But during the week it is legitimately great. Plus I have never been so drunk off of two drinks.
- •The alcove/big barSometimes it's too packed but good brunch/day drinking in los feliz.
- •La CitaSundays they have a Bloody Mary bar on the back patio that is equal parts amazing and bat shit insane.Suggested by @Burke
- •Black Cat in Silverlake. Outdoor patio so you can people watch along Sunset
- •Angel City brewery in the arts district downtown. It's in an old slinky factory 🌀
- •Hotel Shangri LaAmazing view of the beach
- •High at Hotel ErwinYou usually need a reservation and it errs on the douchey side but the drinks are great and you can see all of Venice
- •Plan Check on SawtelleNot a rooftop, but great to sit outside at!!Suggested by @oligear