Alternate Names for Common Medicine Brands
let's be honest: Advil could've been the name of a Disney villain
- •Swallow This Disgusting Thing As Fast As Humanly Possible (Mucinex)side note: who in the world thought that an anthropomorphic glob of green mucus would be an effective marketing strategy?
- •Your Annoying Hipster Sister's Son (Tylenol)"look, Karyn, I know 'Tylenol' sounds like a hip version of 'Tyler' but you simply cannot name your son after a medicine"
- •The newest pair of Pokémon (DayQuil and NyQuil)in the pitch meeting: "so, we were thinking, what about two porcupine pokemon? one's nocturnal and one's diurnal. the truth is, we have no idea what kids are into these days"
- •an SAT vocab word meaning "fed up" or "done with this shit" (Sudafed)"I'm just sudafed, Michael! I'm taking Tylenol home and we'll talk about this in the morning!"
- •bonus: Gas-Xsay it really fast and it'll sound like something you definitely do not want to have