I WAS ONCE CROSS EYED FOR THREE MONTHS
Why don't I talk about this more
- •When I was 13 I was at a baseball game with my dad and my then-boyfriend (and current v good best friend)
- •Suddenly but kind of gradually at the same time, I was seeing two of everything
- •Because my eyes had crossed!
- •Out of the blue!
- •No head injury, no "crossed my eyes and they stuck that way"
- •I panicked and didn't say anything for several hours, all the while wearing sunglasses and tilting my head a lot
- •Here is a photo of me on the dark dark day in question (lol at those braces tho)
- •Anyway, over the next three months I went to a variety of doctors
- •No one could figure it out
- •I was a medical mystery
- •A very embarrassing medical mystery
- •I started my first week of high school with crossed eyes
- •I was sadly beginning to accept my fate
- •And then one day, I woke up and they weren't crossed anymore!
- •Moral of the story: doctors sometimes don't know stuff, and 13 is a really bad age to be cross eyed
- •In retrospect this list could also be called "why I opted to pursue a career in comedy"