THINGS THAT HELP WHEN MY WHOLE BODY HURTS
I'm going through arguably the worst Crohn's disease flare of my life right now. These are the things that make that suck less.
- •PuddingThe chocolate vanilla swirl kind is my life blood
- •BooksCurrently Year of Yes by @shondarhimes
- •Romantic comediesYesterday's was Shakespeare in Love. Day before that was Definitely, Maybe.
- •Fun socksSpecifically the fuzzy kind
- •All manner of hair and makeupBeing sick all the time can make you feel really gross and lazy. Doing a hair mask yesterday made me feel like a gross and lazy MODEL, which is better.
- •Friends who let you ventSome people seem bothered and uncomfortable when you talk about chronic illness. The knee jerk response seems to be "feel better soon!" To which the sad answer is that I kind of can't. This is why friends who let you complain about your achey joints or steroid-induced insomnia are the best kind.
- •The InternetI don't know a lot of other people IRL who are suffering from an autoimmune disease, so internet communities are super helpful.