TATTOOS IVE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED GETTING
In other news I hate myself
- •Carpe diemThis was a big one in high school. I used to draw it on myself to see what it would look like. It was really deep because I took Latin, so I "got it on a deeper level." (15 year old me was a real douche). Also, the fact that I have epilepsy does make it quite punny.
- •Avere FedeWhich translates to "have faith" in Italian. This was also appropriate because my last name is Fioravanti and I went to church that one time in college.
- •If we die, we die. But first, we'll live.Because Ygritte. And Jon Snow. And the love between Ygritte and Jon Snow I'll never experience. Also thought this was ~*~deep~*~ because I, like most other humans, am terrified of death. So it hits close to home, or something.
- •Valar morghulisBecause I am very in touch with my imminent demise and also how hot is Jon Snow?!
- •Expecto patronumI wish I could tell you this was in middle school, but this was more like early 20s. I thought it was ~*~deep~*~ because not only am I a potterhead, but I (and any other dedicated fan) knew JKR's true message behind the dementors. Dementors are a metaphor for depression. You have to remember your happy thoughts to make them go away. Tattooing this on my body would show the world how deep I am.
- •Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasureBecause Luna Lovegood. And I like to be the smartest person in the room. And what better to help me give across that aura than a tattoo of the motto of a specific house in the wizarding school featured in a young adult (let's be real, kid's) novel...
- •An arrowBecause I think they look cool. I would tell people it was because of the whole "an arrow needs to be pulled back to go forward" concept but really, truly I just thought/still think they're pretty.
- •Stay goldMainly because Rob Lowe.