FEMALE TV CHARACTERS I WORSHIP.
- •elaine benes (seinfeld). she will always be my número uno. just the right amount of intelligence, humor, confidence, bitterness towards the world, emotional reluctance, sexiness, paired with just enough bat-shit craziness. additionally, and most importantly - she taught us how to methodically determine sponge-worthiness in men.
- •sloan sabbith (the newsroom). some of my favorite lines delivered on this show (and there are so many brilliant ones), are delivered by sloan. I feel like "smart + sexy" can be the laziest adjective pairing, but in this case it's so damn accurate. there needs to be a sloan sabbith character study class offered at universities everywhere.
- •blossom russo (blossom - you know, one of the best TV sitcoms of the early 90's). where my love of hats and tap dance all started.
- •denise huxtable (the Cosby show). fashion icon then, fashion icon now. also the reason why I would yell at my mother for not pro-creating with a black man, and for having a pale, freckled, pin-straight haired me instead.
- •all roles (orange is the new black). because surely, a piece of every character (even crazy eyes) exists in us all.
- •....this list may grow.