Reasons I Probably Won't Quit Stand Up
My dream is to give up on my dreams
- •I genuinely enjoy being on stage & making people laugh.
- •Been doing it too long to stopIt's been 9+ years and as discouraged as I am at the moment, it's as hard to quit as it was to begin.
- •What the fuck else could I even do?I try to brainstorm other career paths and I draw a blank. It's very frustrating to not have a plan B. Will be more focused on coming up with a backup plan...
- •Embarrassing to have to explain to family and friends that I gave up and why.
- •Not seeing this through would be a major regret for the rest of my life.
- •I'm funnyMaybe not on List App, but check out my stuff in Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. I'm proud of some of it. Maybe it all sucks, IDK....
- •I have a wonderful wife who believes in me and supports meWho knows if I'd still be doing this if it weren't for her support?
- •I love laughingI rarely do it while watching other comics on stage, but lots of laughs behind the scenes.
- •I realize it's a test of perseverance.All I have to do is keep doing it, but how long do I have to put up with being treated like such a fuck boi?
- •Flexible scheduleAnd right now it's as flexible as the elastic band on the sweatpants I'm really into wearing to comfort me in trying times.
- •Travel takes you places you otherwise wouldn't go
- •It's funAnd to think I could possibly get rich doing it one day....