Tokyo: Day 2
@sallywallypally and I are in Tokyo. We are going to attempt to stay up late tonight & experience the night life. Stay tuned.
- •Seems like a night time cityFor the 2nd night in a row we went to bed early because of jet lag or just general fatigue. The city did seem to liven up more once the sunset (at 5 pm) even though it was New Year's Day & lots of bars, restaurants, stores & attractions weren't open.
- •This is a Japan only movie & I need to see it!Translates to "Seasons." Would see it with no subtitles.
- •We were told "no" about a restaurant from a local who didn't speak any other English. We listened to him & ended up eating something involving raw fish that was incredible.
- •This cutenessThis place is just effortlessly way more cute than America.
- •Krispy Kreme is huge hereAnd it's different enough here that I don't feel guilty getting it
- •When we see a couple where one of them is wearing a surgical mask & one isn't we call them a Mixed Marriage
- •About 50% of people wear surgical masksEven babies & pets
- •There's some sort of MMA function going on at our hotel
- •The toilets at movie theaters or higher class places are the best for #2Otherwise it's just a hole you squat over
- •I could see how Mario was created here based on how the city is laid outIntricate layers & different stair cases can take you through portals where you veer off the course you were on then end up back on your way. Shit is confusing here.
- •These golf tees