Tokyo Days 3 & 4
Mad at myself for not documenting the day before yesterday, but will try to remember everything
- •Walked around HarajukuNeighborhood in shibuya that's like if St. Marks in Manhattan fucked Michigan Ave in Chicago & the mom ingested a ton of radiation via sushi & electronics while pregnant. Super exhausting. Walked around there the following day just to get sweets & look at sweatpants.
- •Went to the basement of a department store for Japanese Cheese Tart "Pablo" & found the Japanese food mother loadAt the bottom floor of Japanese department stores they hold what can only be described as Mega-Farmers-Market-Food-Courts. But there's no place to sit & eat it. So frustrating. It's considered rude to eat out on the street. We did anyway. Got incredible sushi & wings along with the cheese tart, but wanted so much more, like Kobe beef...
- •Japanese bake as if they were angelsAll baked goods & cheeses here are otherworldly.
- •Took subway for first time. Met friends in EbisuOur friends came here in a big group with other people we kinda know or know of & it looks fun, but sounds logistically horrifying. Seems like lots of time is lost to trying to meet up. Subway was super congested but clean & subway stations here are like clean malls that happen to offer trains to anywhere in the city. Was awesome meet up though & had a blast.
- •Ate beef heart on a stickTastes good, terrible texture. Probably meant to be slow cooked. Also had some kind of intestine on a stick, probably meant not to be eaten.
- •Went to bed super late but couldn't sleep past 8 am.
- •Walked over 15 miles on day 4Went back to Harijuku & Shibuya, walked home from Ebisu the night before
- •Crashes a religious ceremony at a shrine inside a beautiful park forestWish I knew what We had been a part of & that I had pictures of it on my phone.
- •Conveyor belt sushi
- •Played video games at arcadeAwesome & beyond my imagination what video games are now, but super smoky.
- •Got McDonald's friesThey wouldn't let me get wasabi sauce