New Things I Learned About NYC After My First Trip With Kids in Tow
- •The Gazillion Bubble ShowIt exists. On W 50th. There are a *lot* of bubbles in it. And I could enjoy expensive Sour Patch Kids and Goldfish during it.
- •Uber with Car SeatsIt also exists.
- •High Line train tracks aren't long enoughIf one of your passions in life is trains, the High Line is just a tease with its little snippets of train tracks.
- •People there are really kind deep downI was carrying kid 2 and it started raining. I started awkwardly running. A lady I passed just flat out offered me the umbrella she was using... twice! I'm pretty sure this wouldn't have happened in the Bay Area.
- •Subways sounds are scary and everywhereI didn't realize how often you do hear the subway when you're not on said subway.
- •Lady Liberty's index finger is the length of an adultFile under important trivia to remember. And reasons I wish I had punched in the kids version of the audio tour.
- •Send kids under the turnstile first when riding subwayTrying to walk a kid through the turnstile in front of you just doesn't work. Make the kid (up to 3 ride free!) go under.
- •Legit looking restaurants may not be equipped for takeout (or leftover boxes)Kind of crazy. But I guess you can operate and just not have insurance to support takeout boxes.