My Depressed Playlist
"Get Me Away I'm Dying"... This playlist has been a thing for well over a year since it didn't work out with a guy and a country and everything sucked but I keep going back to it because it's good songs. Add to it if you want, because it's a short list and I'm not sure how this works.
- •Get me away from here, I'm dying - Belle and SebastianI can sing along to this song and it's not like, heart wrenching, it's just kinda sad. Like me. I keep trying to match his voice and it never happens lol.
- •All My Little Words - The Magnetic FieldsThis is about the guy I talked about. It didn't work out and all my little words couldn't make him stay. Not for all the tea in China. Not if I could sing like a bird.
- •My Wandering Days Are Over - Belle and SebastianI think I just like the ambiance in this song. Also there's a line saying 'I'm tired of fixing things for Michael and the rest of them' that really hit me because I had a job where I was fixing things for a real Michael (and the rest of them) and it sucked and when this list was made, I had to choose between staying there (at the job, in that country, etc).
- •Life in Vain - Daniel JohnstonI was using Spotify's radio-function once and stumbled upon Daniel Johnston and saved it. Then I heard this song on the outro of a Girls-episode and looked him up and the rest of the songs were so weird, I left him alone. Then a colleague made me watch his documentary and I'm still weirded out. But this song is so good and lovely
- •Dreaming - Allo Darlin'I like this song, I like that it's a duet. I like the line about "it's not a star it's a satellite" idk listen to it, it's a great song. I especially listened to this song a lot when I had to wake up at 4 am to catch the bus at 5 am and the bus was dark and cozy and I was in that sad/melancholic state of mind but it was ok because the air was crisp outside and I was kind of still asleep
- •The Book of Love - The Magnetic FieldsI love 69 Love Songs (their album) and this song is sad but not, and maybe that's the gist of this whole list so far? Kinda sad-sounding but not heart wrenching, so I could still go on ya know? I love his bass-voice and I love playing this on the ukulele because it sounds happy instead.