Foods I've made from scratch
Sometimes I pretend that I make things from scratch because of its cheaper or healthier, but really I just love the process. Some things I've made once and then never bother with again, but most things I make regularly.
- •Fresh pastaI've done this exactly once, and I found the process (working the cutting machine especially) a bit frustrating. And now I want to try again but I can't remember where the machine is. :/
- •Sourdough breadThis is actually becoming a regular thing. I created the starter myself about two years ago, and once I forgot it in the fridge for months and still it bounced back to life when I took it out and fed it. So now I thank it every time I make bread 😁.
- •Fruit jams & preserves
- •MayonnaiseAll that whisking... 💪🏼😅
- •Brown sugarI don't even know why I did this.
- •Pie crustBut as I bake my own bread, this is probably a given.
- •Chicken stockOr any broth/stock, really
- •Ricotta cheese😋
- •Pita bread
- •Pizza dough
- •Ice cream
- •Stuff I'm curious to make but still too intimidated or lazy to try:Dumpling dough, puff pastry, ketchup, cream cheese, crackers, extracts, marshmallows, pickles, peanut butter.