WHAT I WOULD CHANGE ABOUT MY WEDDING DAY
Not the groom.
- •My hair.Forgot the lesson I learned I figured out before Senior Prom... my hair looks approximately 472682 times better pulled back and not parted due to my large forehead. Also, should've done a test run to learn I wouldn't like my hair beforehand.
- •No groomsmen.They wore khakis? And purple ties were purchased from Banana Republic like two days before? I thought we needed them for pictures. They added nothing to any of the pictures.
- •Mani and pedi.I painted my nails and toes lilac in my childhood bathroom at 12:30 AM the day of my wedding. I had assumed my sisters or mom would take me to get my nails done. And when they didn't I didn't want to splurge on a mani and pedi... for my wedding.
- •Husband's tie.We had purchased a black classic tie but for some reason he ended up wearing one that looked like my dad should've been wearing it?
- •Taken bridals before.The entire day felt like we were forced taking photos. Including an hour chunk before our reception. I was done. You can tell in the photos. Should've taken bridals beforehand. Also... this would have let me do a trial hair run.
- •Pack all the food to-go.Our reception was catered by a food truck. There were sliders and baked beans and coleslaw and it was all delicious. And I didn't get to eat it. My sister packed me the most thoughtful gift ever, a cooler full of food. It had all my favorite childhood snacks. She intended to pack us dinner but the guests ate it all. So the at 4 in the morning after our wedding I scarfed down an entire bag of Original Goldfish out of starvation.