My Innovative Learning Week
Edinburgh University gives us a week off from class in Feb every year for innovative learning; a week of shitty workshops + lectures that are entirely optional. Here's what I did instead (ft. @Naomi):
- 1.Friday, Feb 13: Learned to play Settlers of CatanMy (quite intense) flatmate organised a game at our flat and I decided to partake. This game is actually fun so get educated, haters
- 2.Saturday, Feb 14: Valentine's Day brunch with @NaomiMy brunch was DAMN GOOD but I think Naomi beat me with her choice of this fine French toast
- 3.Sunday, Feb 15: Greek food and good red wine with my mom and @NaomiMy mom moved to Dublin as of my 2013 so I now get to see her frequently instead of once every 5 months, which is nice. My dad is Greek so she learned all the good stuff, some of which we made on Sunday upon her arrival.
- 4.Sunday, Feb 15-Tuesday Feb 17: Excellent breakfasts with my momPeter's Yard is my favourite coffee shop on earth. Scandi food anyone could love (most cannot afford) and a tea list for days. On this particular breakfast decision, we should have gone for the savoury (included cured meats) versus the sweet (just an extra pot of jam).
- 5.Wednesday, Feb 18: Homemade French toast courtesy of @NaomiI had a rough day and Naomi made me lovely breakfast-for-dinner, inspired by our v-day brunch ❤️😍
- 6.Thursday, Feb 19: Shaved my legs for the first time since ChristmasIt's winter and who cares. AMIRITE ladies
- 7.Friday, Feb 20: Take my friend recovering from mumps out to ice cream (also with @Naomi )His mom was an anti-vaxxer in the late 90s so now he looks like a FatBooth version of himself.
- 8.Saturday, Feb 21: Early morning work and coffee, panic over how little work I've done all week, then burgers at the farmer's market.