The magic of it all ✨✨🎄✨✨
- •When we arrived at the airport, we were given a bonus parking upgrade worth $70! I'm not even listing this sarcastically, this was legitimately cool.
- •After finally acquiring two cups of mediocre Starbucks coffee, I was knocked into by a distracted traveler and hot black coffee spilled all over my sweater. But by the miracle of Christmas, I did not incur 3rd degree burns. In fact, no burns of any degree. Merry Christmas!
- •We are in the very last row of the plane, immediately next to the toilet. But it's the time of day where most people are only doing #1. Could be worse -- tis the season!
- •Flight attendant has had an excessive amount of plastic surgery. Emotions seem physically painful to express. And yet she still manages a Christmas smile.
- •There was a screaming child immediately in front of me, screaming shrill screams. And then a kind soul offered -- OFFERED -- to switch seats with the child + parent, in order to allow them to sit all the way at the front of the plane with the rest of their family. Christmas spirit 101.
- •It is snowing! My very first White Christmas. This means we are delayed because the plane must be de-iced. So we are sitting at the gate for 120 minutes, awaiting our turn. As a result, we can use our electronic devices longer than anticipated! Ho ho ho.
- •Seat neighbor is furious about delay but has not yet progressed to murderous rage and thus allows me to type this list. MAGICAL ✨
- •Seat neighbor had a legitimate panic attack on takeoff due to extreme turbulence. But then he slammed a Jack & Coke and kissed the cross around his neck several times, and then he was cool. I almost offered to hold his hand as a gesture of goodwill towards mankind, but abstained when I realized he shaves his arm. #scrooge