I JUST FINISHED SEX AND THE CITY AND NOW I MIGHT BE HAVING A BREAKDOWN
This must be what the whole world felt like around 12 years ago. Send help. (also, spoiler alert, but not really because of the whole 12-years-have-passed aspect)
- •Not sure if I love or hate that Carrie and Big end up together
- •Can people change??
- •Can shitty people find love with other shitty people?
- •Is it wrong that I think they're both shitty people?
- •Really important digression here: John McCain is a self-proclaimed lover of SATC and that makes me like him a little bit.
- •I am beyond in love with the fact that, although Carrie and Big do have their big moment, the episode and the series still end with the most important thing: the friends.
- •Charlotte has somehow become a really great person through all her hardship, and I love her and she feels real emotions, unlike some people at that table.
- •Miranda has become a mother and a daughter and a wife but in the best possible way, caring about people outside of herself and her job.
- •Samantha.... Almost told someone she loves him. She hasn't quite come as far. Shrug
- •When Carrie starts talking about what would have happened if she never met them and can't even finish her sentence, I cried. What if!!!!
- •I'm still not sure if I even want Carrie to be happy, which is a failure on her part as a person but an amazing choice by the writers and creators.
- •Can I be them?
- •I want to have made this show.
- •"Don't laugh at me, but maybe we could be each others soulmates? And then we could let men be just these great nice guys to have fun with."-Charlotte York
- •Follow-up: this article sums up all of my feelings and is by one of my favorite TV people, Emily Nussbaum