I've been sick in bed since Sat night, & am finally feeling better - thanks antibiotics! So it's been hard to process the #OrlandoShooting...but I'm gonna try.
- •between feeling like shit physically and the news about the #OrlandoShooting, it's been hard to feel anything but despair.
- •this is beyond a pattern or epidemic - this is genocide. Americans killing Americans with American guns.
- •there is literally nowhere safe - schools, movies, churches, clubs. Should we isolate? Is it our only option left to feel safe?
- •Virginia Tech, my alma mater, where I never locked my doors, where the cows almost outnumbered the people, had the dubious distinction of having the largest mass killing in the US - until Saturday.
- •but as our hearts somewhat heal, and life goes on with 50 less innocent people in the world, I resolve to not give in to the despair.
- •we WILL figure this out, we WILL take down the @NRA, and we WILL fix the 2nd amendment.
- •tomorrow, I'm going to put on my big girl pants, go to work for the first time this week, do my very best, and make a difference in some little way towards stopping this genocide.
- •and now, I leave you with the fragile and perfect words of @Lin_Manuel, who was a shining beacon of hope on Sunday night.
- •Love is love is love is love is love is love.