Thoughts on Decluttering My Apartment
In preparation for taking over my entire apartment I embarked on a decluttering binge here are my thoughts...
- •I should not own headbands thicker than three fingers put togetherThey literally cover half of my head and I have five of them
- •I apparently think that someone will one day put together a retrospective of all the phones I have ownedFrom my Nokia to a flip to a burner they all have lived in my desk drawer
- •Wine and honest friends will clean a closet fastHonest friends to tell you that one shrug is too many and that a dress is cut wrong for you and wine to soften the blow
- •If I can't remember the incredibly important memory the raffle ticket or rock represents it should goThis actually saddens me a bit- these items were once important and now they do not even register in my brain.
- •At some point either I or someone else decided I was a Pez personI have no memory of this or why I own five Pez dispensers
- •I can date periods of my life by half empty perfume bottlesSarah Jessica Parker- Lovely, Light Blue.
- •I will purge everything else in my apartment before I even consider touching my booksI am almost constitutionally incapable of getting rid of books.
- •I own an insane amount of stationery for someone who doesn't write lettersI want to but can't seem to get started. I suppose I should start with actually having people's addresses
- •It does actually make me feel better