WHAT TO DO AT THE NY RENAISSANCE FAIRE
Shopping and drinking mead is always fun, but as a consummate faire goer, here are some of my favorite activities.
- •Visit the knife throwers!Arnold and Stewart are a father/duo that never fail to make me laugh. The show is a little bawdy, but still fun for kids!
- •Eat something ridiculousMeat on a stick, bbq sundaes, turkey legs. Have an adventure and eat something silly.
- •Put your friends in the stocks.
- •Visit the Queen and watch her dance and recite Shakespeare
- •Listen to the Dulcimer
- •See the Fairies pranceThey're always so lovely
- •Hair braiding!If you take care of it, it can last for up to a week! You might need to enlist a friend to help take it out, though.
- •Archery!Maybe you can be as cool as me, and hit a bullseye!
- •Kiss your SO in the Kissing Bridge!
- •Watch the joust!The day is over until you've watched a bunch of men on horses try to knock each other off
- •Look cute AFCostumes are not required for you to have a great time at the Faire, but even in plain clothes, sometimes it's fun to throw on a hip scarf or a pirate hat!