It's been a rough week. So I made a list of stuff that is going well. Do not at all mean to make light of week's events or sadness. Just writing it down.
- •Work is good.Lots of fun stuff that I can't talk about (yet) but also writing that is actually enjoyable and doesn't make me want to go lie down in the road and await traffic. That's definitely good, right?
- •I think my knee is getting better!Two weeks ago this Sunday, I tripped over my kid and went down hard on a sidewalk. It REALLY hurt, but I didn't get an x-ray because the folks at urgent care said if it was broken I'd be in more pain. A week later, went to Ortho walk-in clinic, where they did X-ray and disovered I'd broken my kneecap. Now I have to wear a brace for awhile but every day I swear it's a little less painful and hard to get around. Thank GOODNESS.
- •It's summer, and I love summer, even when things are not totally ideal.Which is to say, there's a lot that can be helped for me personally by flip-flops, deviled eggs and fireflies. Not everything. But a lot.
- •I think therapy may actually be helping me quite a bit.You know how, if you see a shrink, you sometimes feel like you are battling the same issues OVER and OVER again---guilt, shame, worry, anxiety---and then one day you're sitting there on that couch and you just say OH I GET IT, I will NOT be able to make everyone happy all the time and that is OKAY and I am OKAY and it will be OKAY. It's like fireflies, but better.
- •The Real Housewives of New Jersey is coming back with new episodes this weekend.I know, I know. It's not for everyone. But you take joy where you can find it, and for me that means Teresa and her ingredientses. (Her spelling, not mine.)
- •I just finished reading a book that had been highly lauded that I didn't like, and now I can move onto another one that I am pretty sure I will. It can't be WORSE.No, I won't tell you what book drove me crazy even as I forced myself to finish it. I only plug ones I like because life it too short to be spreading negativity or bad reviews. Suffice to say, it wasn't my cup of tea. The next book on my TBR stack IS, though. Yay!
- •Despite all the sadness, tragedy and bad news this week, the world is still a good place filled with mostly good people.I don't have proof of this, of course. It's just a feeling. And I don't want to consider otherwise. Do you?