LITE FM CLASSICS THAT WILL ALWAYS GET ME EMOTIONAL
In high school, I used to listen to this kind of music every night and cry. I was kind of a mess. This was the 80s and most of these songs were already oldies.
- •"That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be," Carly SimonI had no idea how sad this song actually was at 16. Bad marriages! Parents sitting alone smoking in the dark! Oh, my goodness.
- •"Same Auld Lang Syne," Dan Fogelberg.Meet old lover in grocery store, drink a six pack in the car, snow turns to rain. This song has it all.
- •"The Rose," Bette Midler.Those opening piano chords just slay me. I don't even have to hear more and I'm a goner. Love is a flower! I am its only seed!
- •"You Don't Bring Me Flowers," Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond.Another song about a failing marriage. Not sure what this says about me as a teenager. She hardly talks to him anymore when he comes through the door at the end of the day! *sobs*
- •"You And Me Against The World," Helen Reddy.When the kid's voice comes on at end, I die. If I am not sobbing too loudly at that point to hear it.