My Dog Ran Away Tonight and I FREAKED.
Still all shaky.
- •About an hour ago my pup Roxy snuck through a hole in our backyard fence and took off. We couldn't find her anywhere. Terrifying.
- •She's 12lbs, never been loose before. We had friends over and we all took off in different directions, calling for her. My kid was sobbing.
- •I was tromping through woods, screaming her name until I was hoarse. Bargaining with universe. "I'll be a better person, I promise."Moments like this, I always promise to be a better person. Somehow.
- •Neighbors all came out to help on bikes and on foot. It was getting dark and cold. I was like, please, please, please. Screaming for her.
- •Neighbor Greg speeds up on bike. "FOUND HER!" She was at far away neighbors, scared, wouldn't come to them. They tempted her with hot dog.
- •I started running. Haven't run since I broke kneecap in June. Forgot this fact. RAN.I may be sore tomorrow. We'll see.
- •Husband zoomed up behind me in truck. I waved him on, saying to go get her. He did. When he came back, she was panting. Hot dog fed. Man.She did not EVEN seem sorry, FYI.
- •She still isn't nearly as apologetic as I feel she should be. But she is exhaustehd, and back with her bestie. So.
- •I will be a better person now. Just watch.