MY QUESTS, VARIOUS
Okay, it's not dragon slaying. But still: important to me.
- 1.The perfect white T-shirt.This is ongoing for me. I love LOVE a plain, good white T. Goes with everything, always looks fresh (if I can keep it clean, a big if). I'd wear them every day as my uniform, Michael Kors style, if I could. For awhile I was into Splendid, then these ones from Nordstrom Rack. Just ordered from Everlane. Will these be the one? Stay tuned.
- 2.An strength workout I'll actually do more than once.I hate lifting weights and am always joining gyms, feeling terrible about not going, and then quitting them. I do yoga weekly but fear I am close to wiggly spaghetti arms if I'm not careful. But ANY workout I clip from magazine or see on internet I do once and never again. Sigh.
- 3.The best pizza in Chapel Hill-Carrboro NC.For now, this one is on hold as I have decided it is Anna Maria's in Carrboro Plaza. However there are new places opening all over, so I'll probably have to start it up again. You're welcome.
- 4.Writing as good as book as one of my previous ones.This is my fault, because I read the comments on my FB and other places where people say, "Her best book was Just Listen!" or "She hasn't been as good since The Truth About Forever!" I think, "Challenge accepted!" Cut to me on my office floor, sobbing. And, repeat.
- 5.Keeping tangles out of my daughter's hair.I have straight brown hair with a weird occasional wave to it. She has curly corkscrews that mat to dreadlocks if I don't torture her with a ritual of conditioner, leave in conditioner, combing and argon oil. And sometimes all that doesn't work either. Challenge accepted?
- 6.Understanding Snapchat.Latest failure at this: two days ago. I keep trying, thinking I'll figure it out, but then get confused, feel old, and become depressed. I'm codependent with enough things. Does a social media app HAVE to be part of the list? (Says the person on social media app RIGHT THIS SECOND. Maybe dragons ARE easier?)