SOME THINGS I BELIEVE IN
- •Naps.The free mood stabilizer! Everything might not be all better after one, but I never feel worse. My reset button.
- •Babysitters.Of course you live your kid to death. But sometimes you need a break. You'll be a better parent for it. And you can take a nap!
- •Date nights away from your children.Singlehandedly saving my marriage for a few years now. See also: babysitters.
- •Television.I know, we're not supposed to admit it, but I love TV, always have. Escapism and company during tough times, plus some great stories, and who doesn't need that?
- •Therapy.There's no shame in needing to talk things out with someone who will really listen. Therapy has saved me, no joke.
- •A nice glass of wine at 5pm.Go ahead. I am sure you earned it. Why not add a nice bowl of salty snacks, as well?
- •Self care.See all items above.