Things I Am Appreciating.
Not a complete list.
- •The Simple Habit App.I have tried to meditate regularly MANY times and not succeeded. But this app is REALLY good and has all kinds of options, everything from a basic timer to very specific topics. The premium costs but free trial is worth a shot if, like me, you are feeling much less calm lately.
- •Restaurants that give a good pour.I might be a lush---okay, I probably am---but I really hate it when I order a glass of wine and they send it out less than half full. Can you use a smaller glass, just to make me feel like I'm getting a full one? Or just make a double an option? This might just be my issue, and now I'm feeling awkward for bringing it up. Moving on!
- •The English Beat radio station on Spotify. Psychedelic Furs, The Specials, and many more.Which I am listening to now, as I write this list, with a healthy glass of wine I poured myself beside me. Oops, just made it awkward again.
- •When my little dog jumps into my lap in the morning as I sit reading the news, and my blood pressure immediately drops. (At least it feels that way.)
- •The fact that the Avett Brothers exist, because their music is getting me through lately.Especially these lines from "True Sadness," which I repeat to myself as I sit reading the news with my dog in my lap. (The Avetts are up for a Grammy tomorrow night and if they win I might cry, just fair warning.)
- •Harry Potter.Okay, I am SO late to this game, I know. But I'm reading the books to my kid at bedtime and we're up to The Order of the Phoenix and I find myself getting all verklempt almost every night as I read. Oh, my heart.