THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR
An ongoing list.
- •My kid, 8 years old today.My heart.
- •My husband, who hates social media, refuses to partake, and will be annoyed if I show him here. So here are some of his tattoos.
- •These two.
- •My job. Even on the bad days, being a writer still feels like a dream come true.
- •The NYT changed the way they calculate the Young Adult bestseller list. Which means that instead of my hardback competing with all ebooks, paperbacks AND YA hardbacks ever published, it is just up against new hardcover YA. I know this sounds like not a big deal. But I seriously cried when they changed it. Justice!
- •The Real Housewives.I would not be motivated to work out 3x a week if I didn't only allow myself to watch these shows while on treadmill or elliptical. Thanks, Andy Cohen! (Don't know how to tag him!)
- •The existence of Peanut Butter Snickers.I may have a problem.
- •Good books. Most notably, lately, Station Eleven. Plus Mindy Kaling's newest, out soon!
- •Tomorrow. Because it is always another chance, another day. Can you tell I am a Southern girl?