THINGS I DID TODAY
Friday, am I right?
- •Ran two miles while watching end of the Real Housewives of Orange County finale.Does Brooks have cancer? Why does this concern me so much?
- •Meditated, badly, as mind was racing. But I tried. Hopefully effort counts.
- •Wanted to eat second breakfast but resisted. This was HARD.I am still thinking about the egg sandwich or bagel that could have been. It's 6:15pm.
- •Wrote about a page of something that made me really happy even though no one will probably ever see it.That actually is part of the happy: for now, it's all mine.
- •Went to Saks because I have several work events coming up and nothing to wear. Everything looked bad on me.Basically the boxy shirt/sweater thing that's in fashion right now is my kryptonite.
- •Ended up buying two pairs of shoes that were entirely too expensive and now feel totally anxious about it.
- •But I can't return them because salesperson clearly thought I couldn't afford them in first place, so do I want to prove her right?Jesus, is everyone this neurotic? Oh, don't answer that, I know it's just me.
- •Went to dinner at 5pm with my parents at their retirement community.Brought my eight year old, which basically made me a celebrity.
- •Got home by 6:30, poured a glass of wine, exhaled happily.