THINGS I HAVE HAD TO EXPLAIN TO MY DAUGHTER LATELY.
- •Why some people are mean.She had her first real bully encounter last week and it blew her mind. I guess I should be grateful it took so long? I told her not everyone is nice, but we are.
- •Why people go to church.We do not, and live in South where we often feel like minority because of it. I told her some people like to believe someone is looking out over us, and they go to church to celebrate that. I know! It was the best I could come up with on the spot.
- •Why I won't pet her new lizard, Melanie.Because I don't want to! Go ask your dad, he's the lizard lover!
- •Why I won't tell her what the book I'm working on is about.Because 1) I never tell anyone when a book is in progress and 2) even if I did, I stink at summarizing my books. I'm all like, "Well, there's this girl, and..." People tune out, even when they do not have attention span of 2nd grader.
- •Why I have been muting GMA lately in the mornings.I tell her it's cause I am too busy to watch. Really, do not want to explain terrorism/mass shootings/why I wince whenever they show Trump.
- •Why I am sure dogs Monkey and Coco really in heaven looking down over us.Because I just am. Next question.