THINGS THAT HELPED ME LIFT MYSELF OUT OF MY POST-DEBATE FUNK TODAY
- •Took a nap.“Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.” So says Anne Lamott, and I agree.
- •I sat and watched my fish for awhile.It's like my moment of Zen, when I actually take the time to do it.
- •Then I threw a bunch of leftovers to my chickens and watched them eat.Apparently watching animals eat is helpful to me?
- •Worked on my novel in progress.It's an experiment (as in, not YA, as is every other book I have published) entirely too long and kind of a disaster. Some days, though, writing saves me. Today wasn't that day, but it was worth a shot.
- •Took a second to give props to this hydrangea, which I am pretty sure is not supposed to be blooming right now but is anyway.When you gotta flower, you gotta flower.
- •Made a point to enjoy my country drive.I saw cows, deer and changing leaves. Lots of beauty on an average Monday when you (I) make a point to notice it.
- •Had a BIG belly laugh with these two jokers.Kids are the best, even when blurry.
- •Did a little retail therapy.What? I need clothes. (Okay, not really.)
- •Made a super healthy salad.Vegetables are good for you!
- •Poured a glass of wine and went to sit by the fire. Tomorrow will be better.My mom always said that. She was right.