THINGS WE HAVE DONE SO FAR ON OUR JOINT SICK DAY
I've been down with something flu-like since Monday. My kid got a fever last night. We're in this together.
- •Complained loudly about being sick when it is gorgeous outside.A joint activity, ongoing.
- •Complained about missing P.E. AND chicken nuggets for school lunch because of said sickness.This was just her.
- •Had a UNO tournament. She won.Best of three. I did what I could.
- •Demanded cookies or similar in order to take medicine.This was just her. So far.
- •Argued about who the dog loves more.Dog is uninterested in this debate and either of us, keeping her distance.
- •Had vegetable soup for lunch and tried to spell things.Never enough vowels.
- •Speculated what fun things everyone else who is NOT sick is doing right now.But this just depressed us.
- •Read out loud and quietly on our own.Books: the medicine that doesn't stink to take!
- •Called Grandma to complain.She didn't answer. Smart.
- •Made a list.It's only 2:25pm. Now what?