Today in Anxiety Coping Mechanisms
My book comes out in just over two weeks. I'm basically spinning. Here's what I'm doing to deal with it.
- •Obsessively ordering clothes for book tour.If there's an cute A-line dress at Shopbop, Nordstrom or Saks, I've seen it.
- •And then returning them when they don't look cute on ME.This allows me to obsess over returns tracking, which I can do endlessly. Hello, Newgistics!
- •Turning around asks from my publicist at breakneck speed.She says, "You have until June 5." I hear, "Bet you can't get this done in the next hour!" I know how crazy I look and yet I CANNOT STOP.
- •Constantly refreshing the listing of investment property we have for sale, in hopes that might somehow overcome the snafu that has it NOT appearing on Realtor.com.Note: It does not. But it will increase my anxiety about not selling it, with every single click.
- •Sharing every worry I have with my husband.Which has led him to say, "Look, let's do this: if something is worth stressing about, I'll tell you. If I don't say it is, then move on. How about that?"
- •Ignoring this as he subsequently wilts from exhaustion before my very eyes.Sorry, honey.
- •Alternate between being REALLY excited about book tour and terrified.This is usually paired with worrying that when it is over I won't have enjoyed it enough.
- •Wondering if I should up my meds.Shrink says no. Oh, well.
- •Posting lists that make me look like an absolute nut job.CHECK. And now, I have an essay to write super fast before refreshing that listing again.