TV SHOWS I WATCHED AS A TEENAGE POTHEAD
It wasn't my best time. TV helped. (FYI, kids: I quit in 1989.)
- •The Facts of Life.This was on weekdays at 6 and 7pm. I have seen every episode---even the later, shoulder-pad heavy ones, with George Clooney--at least three times.
- •Gimme A Break.This was on at 7:30, another part of my nightly block. Nell Carter! I loved her. Kind of wanted to be that loud mouthed little girl she took care of.
- •Silver Spoons.On at 6:30. Ricky Schroeder! Cool rich kid house! And, if I am remembering correctly, early Jason Bateman!
- •The Bob Newhart Show.My friends and I LOVED these reruns. We were like a cult when it came to Bob, especially the scenes with his therapy group.
- •The People's Court.My friend Addison had this running thing about The People's Court Band, which he imagined was just off camera. A keyboard, maybe a guitar, playing that all-business jam as people came into court. I still find this hilarious, all these years later.