WAYS I AM BECOMING MY PARENTS
- •Grumpy when newspaper is late or doesn't show up at all.
- •Compulsion to check mailbox.
- •Anxiety about the trifecta: weather, parking and traffic.
- •Still have land line.
- •Always talking about The Way Things Used To Be.
- •Default setting: that way was better.
- •Avoid beloved foods for digestive reasons.
- •Discussing said reasons.
- •Really cranky without a nap.
- •Always complaining that stores don't open early enough.
- •Or that social events start too late.
- •Quick to remind my seven year old that money does not grow on trees.
- •Will nag anyone about seat belts, sunscreen and bike helmets.
- •Need a drink at end of day, preferably with some crunchy snacks.