WHAT I DO WHEN I AM NOT WRITING
I just set aside a book that wasn't working and am now waiting for a new idea. It's basically excruciating.
- •Read.I tell myself this is my job when I am not working. It's a great job, by the way.
- •Worry a new idea won't come, and consider other careers.This week it's been real estate, which I would totally suck at.
- •Listen to other people tell me what I should write next.So far: a memoir, something set in space, a graphic novel about my summer. This last one was from my eight year old.
- •Try not to hate everyone on Twitter who uses the hashtag #amwriting.With mixed results.
- •Convince myself I have peaked, am old news, and should just put myself out to pasture to make room for new, exciting voices.
- •Drink more wine than I probably should.See item above.
- •Grumble at my husband/parents/friends/agent/editor when they tell me I do this every single time and it always works out, so I need to just relax and have faith.*grumbles*
- •Make lists.Apparently?