WHY I ABANDONED THE BOOK I WAS WRITING
This happened today.
- •When I sat down to work on it, felt immediately tired.
- •Too much like another book I abandoned two years ago.
- •Writing what should have been easy, early backstory felt like walking a tightrope. In high wind.
- •Even thinking about backstory to come made me tired and crabby.
- •Started to feel REALLY bad about myself because it wasn't going well.As in, I am a total failure, a fraud, a terrible person, my career is over. And repeat.
- •Writing books is never totally easy. But the first twenty pages shouldn't be excruciating.
- •I had a major character make his first appearance while in a stuffed sunshine suit. Yeah. I know.