I ACTUALLY AM SOME SORT OF GENDER DETECTIVE
These are some of the things Ive detected:
- •I see a lot of young, same-sex female affairs and flings on television but not many solid, same-sex female, long-term relationships. But I often see settled down the same-sex male couplesI think The Fosters is the only exception to this?
- •There are a lot of well-known male little people actors but no female little people actors that I know ofWhy?
- •Have you ever had a female pilot on a plane? I haven't
- •I was buying headphones today and they had one set DESIGNED 4 WOMEN (???)"Tuned for her, Knockout's sound delivers cleaner, deeper bass and very natural sounding vocals. We created a headband and ear cups designed to provide the comfort a woman prefers." THIS JUST IN: Men hate comfort
- •Low brow culture targeted at women is way more criticized than low brow culture targeted at menThe Kardashians vs. Sports
- •Where are trans men's stories during the cultural conversation about trans rights that's happening right now??Chaz Bono can't hold it down alone! I think trans women are much more palatable, even, nay *especially* to feminists and I think we rly need to examine that.
- •Let's stop putting gender in front of job titlesNo more lady cops or male nurses, just no need for it
- •Lots of applications for things require me to give my gender when it's really not necessaryLet's get rid of this please
- •I feel like male musicians are much more celebrated as they agePaul McCartney, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, etc all still headline hip music fests. Where's Carly Simon? Blondie? I guess we have Madonna...
- •I feel like girl squads have reached a tipping point and are now really bad
- •Who are gendered bathrooms helping?No one